Why preventive dental hygiene?
When it comes to your overall health, prevention is key – and this includes the health of your teeth and gums. Many patients are understandably nervous about fillings, root canals, tooth extractions, dental implants, and other extensive procedures. We want to work with you to help you prevent serious and often painful issues. Our goal is to have you enjoy excellent oral health for life.
During your routine teeth cleaning, our dental hygienists assess your medical and dental history to provide personalized care. We:
- Discuss your oral health with you
- Provide education on effective dental care that will restore gum health, fight against cavities, and prevent gum disease
- Explain any necessary treatments
- Get your permission to provide treatment
- Work closely with our dentists to develop your oral health care plan
- Provide a relaxed and judgement-free environment
To maintain a healthy smile, we recommend seeing one of our dental hygienists at least twice a year. If it’s time to get your professional teeth cleaning done, give us a call, and we’ll be happy to arrange an appointment!