The sooner we see you, the sooner you’ll get relief and proper treatment. A dental emergency should never be ignored as it can result in permanent damage or more serious issues. The types of dental emergencies we can treat are:
- Severe toothache
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Knocked out tooth
- Dental abscess (infection)
- Excessive bleeding
- Broken dentures or veneers
- Tooth extractions
- Lost or loose fillings
- Root canal treatment
- Wisdom teeth pain
The above are some of the most common dental emergencies we treat; however, our services aren’t limited to this list. Our emergency services are meant to relieve pain, stop bleeding, prevent infection from spreading, or save a tooth. In any case, the best course of action to take is to contact our emergency dental services as soon as possible.
What to do in a dental emergency
- If you have knocked out a tooth, place it in cold milk with ice and bring it to your dentist. In some instances, we can place the tooth back with no issues.
- If you’re experiencing pain, rinse your mouth with warm water and use a cold compress on the outside of your cheek or mouth.
- Avoid using a numbing gel
At Brentwood Village Dental Clinic, we are fully equipped to deal with dental emergencies. We have state-of-the-art technology and the training to manage pain and restore teeth. Using modern techniques, teeth can be repaired or replaced with materials that look as good as your natural teeth. If you’re experiencing severe pain, we can relieve your pain within a few minutes and identify the underlying cause.
Can a dental emergency be avoided?
While injuries and accidents happen, there are certain steps you can take to avoid a dental emergency as much as possible. We recommend:
- Wearing a mouthguard or proper safety equipment during sports activities
- Taking good care of your teeth by brushing and flossing every day
- Maintaining regular dental check-ups and cleaning